Pages

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Snap out of it!!!

Salaam alaykum :)

I keep telling myself to snap out of this mild depressive state that I've fallen into. My life is not going exactly in accordance with my penned in 5 year rock solid plan. It seems like everything around me is falling apart. All my plans don't seem to be working out. Everything that I want in a certain aspect of my life, I haven't gotten. I feel like I'm sitting still...Stuck. So I spend most of my day feeling sorry for myself, upset with my situation and impatiently questioning Allah. Although I constantly say that this is teaching me patience,  it's just lip service. Is it really patience if I'm forever wallowing in my sorrows, feeling bad for myself or giving up hope in my Lord!
While reading the Quran after fajr today, i read this: " Man does not weary of asking for good things but if ill touches him, he gives up all hope and is lost in despair" (41:49).

I reread and reread it. I sounded too good to be true. Allah is actually talking about me. I have asked and asked and Allah has given and given so much. alhamdulilahi. But now that I am not given something, I don't know how to handle it. I am indeed LOST. I need remember that Allah ALWAYS has a plan for us. Although we might not alway realize it or appreciate the timing and method of it. But as they say: everything always works out for the best. I know that I am where Allah wants me to be right now. And I just need to exercise patience and appreciate everyday.
...Have no fear for Allah is with us... (9:40)

So I remind myself "Be not weary and fainthearted, crying for peace when ye should be uppermost. For Allah is with you and will never put you in loss of your good deeds" (47:35). 

InshaAllah i will learn to accept Allah's plan and exercise patience and strive hard to worship him and to appreciate the blessings in my life. My current plans might not be working out but Allah might have a better plan for me in the works, i just need to be patient. 

Our life is a journey of experience and knowledge. Sometimes the road will be smooth and sometimes it will be rough. Either way, the most important thing is to keep our eye on the destination and be rest assured that if we put our trust in Allah, everything will work out for the best. 

 May Allah bless us all with patience and guide us and bless us all. Amin

No comments:

Post a Comment