Pages

Thursday, August 30, 2012

6 Days of Shawwal- Day One

The day I returned to work after Eid, my coworker asked if I was happy Ramadan and fasting was over. And with a melancholic feeling I told her "No. I miss it. Ramadan is my favorite time of the year". And I was dead serious.

There is something about the month of Ramadan that is so amazing and majestic.  I literally feel my best during Ramadan, a month where I abstain from food and water for most of the day. Alhamdulilah! this Ramadan was beyond exceptional. I can't begin to explain how amazing and life changing it was. I learned so much in such a short period of time that I was so ashamed that I hadn't realized all of it before. But that's the beauty of Ramadan. It is a crash course, training period where we are given the ability to develop and grow immensely.

Over the next few days as I fast my 6 days in Shawwal, I will desperately cling to the spirit of Ramadan by reflecting and remembering all the important lessons I learned.

Day One: Belief and Trust in Allah.
Yes! These are things I already claimed to have but during Ramadan I found myself at a new depth of believe and trust in my creator. Its not that I didn't believe in Allah. But placed in a world were skepticism about the God and His everyday miracles and blessings are pervasive, I was subconsciously affected by it. This world hardens us and dirties us and we constantly need to guard ourselves from it.

I had become someone who might attribute things to chance  and not consider the power of Allah in it. Basically, there was a great disconnect between the words I professed and the deep feeling in my heart.

From the start of Ramadan, I prayed to Allah for guidance and for Him to purify and soften my heart. This was a continued prayer for the duration of Ramadan and OMG! Allah turned up! He turned up big time in the right places and He knew exactly what someone like me needed.

And that was the most amazing thing because I had no chance to label it concindence or chance or be skeptical.  Allah gave me opportunities in the minuscule things in life to see how trust and belief in Him was a legit thing. He gave me what I needed,when I needed, how I needed it, in order for me to grow.

It was those everyday signs that became manifest to me and made me begin to relinquish all resistance and let Allah fully reign in my heart. Allah was working on me and the most important thing was I was no longer hesitant.

Sometimes, WE are our biggest road block. We need to get out of our own way and allow ourselves to grow in love, in belief, in trust with Allah.

Every day, lets ask Allah to guide us, to be with us, to stay with us and to change us from the inside out. InshaAllah. Every single day,ask sincerely and earnestly and you will be amazed to see how the change begins and how Allah know exactly what YOU need to change and to grow.


"...I hope my Lord will guide me ever close than this to the right road (path)" 17:24


Ma Salaam :)

No comments:

Post a Comment