Pages

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Struggling with Shawwal

Salaam alaykum!

I am having the hardest time trying to begin fasting in Shawwal. My stomach which seemed to shrink during the month of Ramadan has resumed it axiomatic grumbling for food. I HAD to buy lots of fruits in order to avoid eating an excess of sugary snacks in between meals.
Anyway, fasting 6 days in Shawwal is a sunnah of the prophet (S.A.W) and it highly beneficial to us. This fast has great blessings and rewards in it.
Abu Ayyub Al-Ansari reported that the Prophet (S.A.W) said:

He who observed the fast of Ramadan and then followed it with six fasts of Shawwal. It would be as if he fasted a lifetime. (Sahih Muslim).

"fasted a lifetime"? Definitely count me in!

After my failure to complete this fast last year, I know that the longer I procrastinate it, the harder it will be and Shawwal doesn't last forever. So if you're reading this and you also haven't started, make the intention to start tomorrow. InshaAllah, I will begin tomorrow. May Allah make it easy for us. Amin

No comments:

Post a Comment